Before and after - The Abbelkader touch.


Before


The central courtyard of Riad Zany was a major piece of work for Abbelkader and one for which he developed the special sand coloured plaster. The previous colour had been a the white limewash so popular in the early twentieth century. As the house was far older it was decided to take it back to its "roots" - hence the choice of a natural sand from local sand. The final effect is a warm and inviting space without the harsh glare of white plaster.



After



Tags:

1 comment:

Dreadjembe said...

I'm looking to travel to Morroco to learn and work with Tadelakt for a short period. I'd like to live in my van as I'll be travelling through Western Europe working as I go so won't be needing accomodation (the only learning provider I can find can't provide tuition only). Can anyone help?